APPLICATION ANNOUNCEMENT: ASSOCIATION SUBSIDIES 2019
The main application period for association subsidies opens on Monday, February 25th, 2019 at 12 a.m.
The Foundation for Business Students in Aalto University (KY Foundation) announces the application period for association subsidies for 2019 open. The purpose of the subsidies is to support associations that promote the social, professional, intellectual, as well as study and student life related aims within the Aalto University School of Business in addition to supporting the traditions of business students in Helsinki.
Associations registered in Finland can apply for the association subsidies. In addition to the registered associations, student groups whose operations and purpose are aligned with those of KY Foundation’s can also apply for association subsidies.
In addition to the purpose of the associations, their financial situation and the extent, activity and quality of their operations are also taken into consideration when granting association subsidies. An excess (i.e. own risk) is required by the applying associations. The communications practices of the associations and student groups must be such that they reach the students of the School of Business as widely as possible.
The applications are processed by the association subsidies committee, which consists of members of KY Foundation’s executive and supervisory boards as well as members appointed by KY association. The committee decides on the association subsidies, after which the decisions are transferred to the KY Foundation’s executive board for approval.
Association subsidies are applied for via an electronic form. You can find a link to the form in the KY website (ky.fi/foundation-subsidies/) during the application period. A link to application instructions and answers to frequently asked questions can be found at the same location. Any other questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form, along with its required appendices is to be completed by 11.59 p.m. on March 31st, 2019.
If the subsidy is applied by a non-registered association or student group they are only required to fill in the application form and attach following appendices to the application:
- Budget for the project or activity the grant is applied
- Informal project description
In other cases the following appendices are required for application:
- Budget for the current year
- Operational plan for the current year
- Financial statements for the previous year
- Annual report for the previous year
- Minutes of associations meeting, where the persons entitled to sign for the association were decided
- Current and valid rules of the organization
- Official notice letter of the Finnish patent and registration office (PRH; nimenkirjoittajien muutosilmoitus)
- Budget for the project or activity the grant is applied for (if not already included in the budget for the ongoing year)
- Informal project description (if not already included in the current operational plan)
If the required documents are not delivered to the foundation according to the application instructions by the end of the application period, the application will not be processed.
In Espoo, 20th of February, 2019
Foundation for Business Students in Aalto University