Safety and hygiene ratings for events
From this page you can find information on the safety and hygiene ratings for events for autumn 2020. The page includes instructions on how the events should be rated and how the ratings should be communicated in social media. Notice, this is an instruction on how to communicate safety and hygiene rating. For further information and instructions how to organise events at KY during the pandemic, see more here.
Why are we rating events?
We hope that everybody can feel safe in our events throughout autumn, and therefore, it is important to communicate which actions are taken to stop the virus from spreading.
Safety and hygiene ratings for events are ultimately a tool to communicate to the potential participants which safety and hygiene actions are taken into account in the event organizing process.
Please note that you can organize an event even if the rating is not 5/5.
How to rate the events?
The rating is done on a scale from one to five, each criteria representing one point.
- If you can ensure that all of the criteria can be met throughout the event, your rating will be 5/5.
- If you can only ensure four out of five criteria, the rating will be 4/5, or if you can ensure only three out of five criteria, the rating will be 3/5, and so forth.
- If your rating is under five, please clarify which criteria are met and which criteria are not (see an example from below “How to communicate ratings in social media?”).
- All events that are held remotely get a rating 5/5.
The five criteria are as follows:
Hygiene is taken into account:
- Washing hands is possible throughout the event and/or
- Hand sanitizer is provided throughout the event.
- Face masks are used througout event
The safe distances are maintained (1-2 metres) throughout the event by, for example:
- the event is organised in a manner were safe distances are held throughout the event
- crowded spaces or queuing situations are avoided.
- limiting the number of participants. In KY’s own premises, this is achieved by obtaining KY’s limitations given for each KY premise. See the limitations for KY Premises from here.
No activities that increase the risk of droplet infection are rehearsed in the event, such as:
- shouting or singing together indoors,
- group exercises or drinking games that include close contact or shared equipment without the possibility of sanitizing in between.
The event is held:
- outside or
- within the limitations given by KY (see the limitations for KY Premises from here) or
- in another space where safe distances can be maintained during the event.
Food and beverages
Food and beverages are served in a hygienic manner:
- Food and beverages are served directly to the participant, for example by a waiter or the event organizer.
- The people handling or serving the food and beverages conform to the best possible hygiene (masks and gloves are worn by these people)
- Food and beverages are not on display (no serving in the form of a buffet).
How to communicate the rating in social media?
The safety and hygiene rating of the event should be communicated in the event text. If the rating is not communicated, the event cannot be advertised in the official KY channels (for example the post will be deleted from KY Events, or Mursut 2020 Facebook group).
- Please clarify which criteria are met and which criteria are not.
- Please mark the rating to the top of the event text.
An example of a safety and hygiene rating text:
Summer Hangout with Masters’ Committee
Covid-19 safety and hygiene ratings for this event: 4/5
🔴 Food and beverages will be served in the event and they will be on display, but each portion is individually packed
🟢 The event is held outside
🟢 No activities that increase the risk of droplet infection are rehearsed in the event
🟢 Hand hygiene is taken into account: hand sanitizer is provided throughout the event.
🟢 It is possible for a participant to maintain safe distances (1-2 metres) throughout the event