EY – Junior Consultant
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company Building a Better Working World for us all? Are you interested in a clear career path that leads to success? At EY, you can make your mark on the world around you. We develop outstanding professionals who deliver insights and quality services that support businesses, entrepreneurs and start-ups. By doing so, we build a better working world for our people, clients and communities.
We are looking for a Junior Consultant for the Accounting and Reporting team in Helsinki, Finland.
The Accounting & Reporting team is a fast-growing team within EY’s Financial Accounting Advisory Services. We provide accounting advisory services on complex accounting issues such as implementing new IFRS and other accounting standards, supporting listed companies to prepare their annual reporting and solving complex accounting topics in a practical manner e.g. as part of a planned transaction. We consult companies on how to improve their reporting and provide subject matter expertise and project management within all kinds of accounting related projects.
What you’ll do
- Support our Accounting and Reporting team to consult mainly listed clients and private equity owned companies on critical accounting topics arising from changes in accounting standards and regulatory requirements, new business activities and business acquisitions together with a client team.
- Work effectively in a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
- Work with other service lines like Transaction Accounting and Advisory in providing an integrated service delivery.
- Support our team in sales activities of new Financial Accounting Advisory Services work.
Who you are
- We are looking for a highly motivated and result focused team player with a can-do attitude. As an ideal candidate:
- You have preferably Master’s Degree in Accounting and Finance, or a related field.
- You have some experience in accounting and reporting or similar advisory experience e.g. in an auditing firm. Previous experience is an advantage but not a requirement!
- You are forward-looking and have an action and solution oriented positive mind-set.
- You want to become an expert providing high-quality solutions in a structured manner.
- You are fluent in English and Finnish. Accounting software (e.g. SAP, HFM) skills are seen as an advantage.
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for technical accounting experience – we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative new ways. If you’re a confident team player with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
We’re not just looking for experience within technical accounting but we are interested in candidates with versatile backgrounds. If you’re a confident team player with an ability to build relationships, you own a curious mind, the ability to solve complex issues and think in unique and creative new ways, this role is for you.
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. We offer you a meaningful and important role in a growing global company where you can directly influence on EY’s success in the Nordics. Most of our clients are listed companies or companies planning to be listed.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. You get to work with the top colleagues and build a valuable network of professionals in Finland and abroad.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You need not be an expert once you join us but you will definitively have an opportunity to learn and grow into an expert.
We guarantee you: the exceptional relationships and experiences you gain with us will last you a lifetime!
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter by 10.2.2019 on our careers website. We will handle the applications already during the application period, so we hope you apply soon!
For further information please contact Mia Kavaljer, Senior Manager, tel. +358 40 507 4921, email@example.com
As a global leader in assurance, tax & law, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Make your mark.